Greetings from Pastor Kevin
Olive Knolls Church Family
Greetings to you! Jane, Weston and I are thrilled to be coming to Olive Knolls. We have been praying for God to make His will clearly known to us. Last week you voted unanimously to call us to Bakersfield Olive Knolls Church. Thank you for your tremendous support and unity across the church.
After two and half years as a District superintendent, I am so glad to be going back to my first love as a Pastor. It will be an honor to serve and lead you with the incredible Staff at Olive Knolls. I promise to you that I will serve with all my heart and give my very best to Pastor you well. Jesus said, “I will build my church” and I believe He will use all of us to make Christlike disciples.
So, when will we arrive? I am not sure yet. I will be meeting with the General Superintendent Dr. David Graves this weekend to start the process of transition on the Michigan District. I am hoping to start at Olive Knolls by April 1, 2020. As soon as I confirm this with Dr. Graves, I will let you know.
How can you pray for us?
- Pray for the Michigan District as we transition to another leader.
- Pray for the 7 Churches currently in transition on the Michigan District
- Pray for my house in Michigan to sell quickly
- Pray for Weston - transitions are not easy for him
- Pray for Jane as she prepares the house and waits in it until it sells
- Pray for a new home in Bakersfield
- Pray for me as I finish in Michigan and start planning to lead Olive Knolls
Blessings to you! Stay faithful in worship, giving, and ministry. Keep shining your light and love to lost people in Bakersfield. I am praying for you!
If you are on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), please connect with me. Feel free to email me any prayer requests or notes.